Earlier today I saw this billboard in the Chorlton Morrisons Car park. I thought it was a bit odd that Transport for London and the Mayor of London are paying for billboards in Chorlton! I asked the Council for any information they had about which Manchester roads will be affected by the London Olympic Games.
Having raised it with Council bosses I understand these billboards probably relate to the expected impact of the Olympic football matches being played at Old Trafford. However the Council don't see this impacting on Chorlton in any different way to a normal big football game; but they are going to double check!
For information below are the matches which will take place at Old Trafford.
• 26 July – UAE v Uruguay - 5pm (M)
• 26 July – Team GB v Senegal - 7.45pm (M)
• 29 July – Brazil v Belarus - 12pm (M)
• 29 July – Egypt v New Zealand - 2.45pm (M)
• 31 July – USA v Korea DPR – 5.45pm (W)
• 1 August –Spain v Morocco - 5pm (M)
• 4 August – men's quarter finals - 12pm (M)
• 6 August – women's semi-finals (W)
• 7 August - men's semi-finals (M)