Sunday 20 December 2009

Cleaning up Chorlton in time for Christmas


This last week I have been busy delivering Lib Dem Christmas Cards and John Leech's Environment survey across Chorlton. This is a picture of me delivering letters in Chorltonville while it was snowing.

Whilst I was out delivering I made a special effort to note down anything worth reporting to the Council, so that it could be cleared up before Christmas. In the last week I have reported over 125 items to the Council which need cleaning, repairing, actioning or inspecting. These have included potholes, poor road surfaces, graffiti on lampposts and other street furniture, flyposting, damaged trees and cages, overgrown vegetation, flytipping, broken walls and fences, amongst other items.

I think it is really important that we keep on top of these problems to keep Chorlton clean and tidy. If you see any problems around Chorlton, please let me know as I would be very happy to get them sorted out. My email address is victor.libdem@ymail.com or you can leave me a message on 881 4139.

No comments:

Post a Comment