Thursday 7 July 2011

Chorlton Metrolink Open!


I'm pleased to say that the South Manchester Metrolink line is finally open! This morning I woke up at 5.30am to make sure I got on the first tram from Chorlton.

I was one of a few early birds at the St Werburgh's Road stop when the first tram arrived at 05.56. It was great to see the line close up and it was a really enjoyable and memorable experience. 15 minutes later I was in St Peter's Square!

The opening marks the culmination of years of campaigning to bring the Metrolink to Chorlton. The Metrolink will be a fantastic asset for Chorlton. It will help boost our local shops, bars and cafes and provide clean sustainable transport for local residents. The only let down has been the Council's complete failure to address the problem of parking around the Chorlton stop. Promises have been made that
the problem will be monitored but this is little comfort to the residents who face problem parking outside their homes. Please let me know if you experience any problems.

I hope you also enjoy travelling on the Tram soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment