Monday 4 July 2011

Beech Road Festival


I really enjoyed the Beech Rd Festival Yesterday. The weather was absolutely fantastic which helped to attract record numbers. I understand there were about 10,000 - 15,000 people there yesterday.

I really enjoyed the music in the park, having a chat with lots of friends and neighbors like Ida Bradshaw (pictured) from the Chorlton Civic Society; browsing and supporting the local stalls (I bought a present for a friend from the Belly Button stall), and the delicious Samosas on offer from the Village Tandoori.

This morning I have been contacted about a few small problems. I've reported an isolated incident of anti social behaviour and have asked the Council to ensure Beech Rd and the Park are cleared of litter and rubbish urgently; as it appears that unlike previous years the Council did not do this immediately following the end of the festival. I've let the organisers know and hopefuly next year these problems can be prevented.

I really hope the success of the Festival translated into sales for the local shops and stalls as many of them are finding it very difficult at the moment. If you attended yesterday I hope you also had a great time!

1 comment:

  1. I understand that the organisers have decided not to run the event in 2012. Shame.

    ReplyDelete