I've recently been informed of a programme Youth On Solid Ground (www.yosg.org.uk) are running for young people in conjunction with FC Utd, a semi professional football team. The purpose of the project is to provide an opportunity for young people to get a qualification in a supportive context in an activity which engages them. Youth On Solid Ground hope that young people will, on completion of the course, move onto employment, an apprenticeship or more formal and demanding training courses.
Youth On Solid Ground are now recruiting young people to the programme. The programme is aimed at young people who are 16-18 and not in training, employment or education. However, Youth On Solid Ground may be able to accept young people outside this age group and category if;
1. They will benefit from the course
2. They can contribute to the project
3. We can get a contribution towards the funding for the project
The programme entails;
· Monday afternoon training session with FC United coaches 1-3pm. Youngsters will receive football coaching and also have a go at coaching each other.
· Thursday afternoon training session 1-3pm with Greater Sport and FC United coaches leading to a Level 2 Sports Leaders award
· An FA Level 1 coaching course during the October half-term and one Sunday in November
· An opportunity to do a small amount of paid work during the October half-term holiday helping our coaches to deliver sessions to young children.
· Additional and optional drop in sessions in a variety of sports
· One to one mentoring from Youth on Solid Ground
Young people have an opportunity to achieve accredited outcomes as follows;
· A Level 2 Sports Leaders Award
· A FA Level 1 coaching badge
· A PEARL Employability Skills Award
The project starts on Thursday 22nd September. On Monday 26th September Youth On Solid Ground are expecting a visit from a member of the England Football Squad (name of player to be confirmed).
Most of the sessions will be delivered at Chorlton Leisure Centre and the ones which are not will be delivered nearby.
If you have a young person who may be interested please contact me and I will pass your details on or contact the Youth On Solid Ground office on:
Tel: 0161 862 0955. Mob. 07966 882856